1. Ask God to help you find a new “verse of the month” and a new “word of the month.” Post it where you can see it. And ask Him to help you apply it. (And/or ask Him if there is any task/challenge He wants to give you this month.)
2. Pick two or three new people to pray for this month. Write their names down, pray for them daily, and ask God if there is anything specific you should pray for about them.
3. What are five white things you are thankful for?
4. Pick another item from your “nice things to do for others” list and find time to do it this month.
5. Ask God: “What do I need more of in my life? What do I need less of in my life?”
6. What five flowers are you thankful for?
7. Spend at least 30 minutes away from all technology at least three times this week and do something peaceful and relaxing instead. Protect your “alone time” and your time with your family.
8. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5)
Ask God: “How can I ‘remain in You’ the way You want me to?”
9. What are five things about your personality you are thankful for?
10. Pick a verse you’ve always wanted to memorize. Now memorize it.
11. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. . . . Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:37, 39)
Ask God: “How can I live these verses more?”
12. What are five things about this past week that you are thankful for?
13. Take a walk sometime soon and find something to collect or take home with you. A pretty rock, a flower, a leaf. Or take a couple of pretty pictures with your camera while on your walk.
14. Ask God: “What blessings am I forgetting to be thankful for?”
15. What are five things about dirt that you can be thankful for? (You'd be surprised how much there is to be thankful for about dirt.)
16. While you are out and about this week, try to find something that is out of the ordinary. A unique person, a strange building, an uncommon animal or bird. Enjoy the variety that’s all around you.
17. Ask God: “Is there any doctrinal/moral issue that I need to think about more or that I need to reconsider my position on? What is Your opinion about it?” (And research Scripture.)
18. What are five things that haven’t happened in this world that you are thankful for?
19. Choose from your “nice things to do for yourself” list. And do it soon.
20. Ask God: “What can I do for You that would warm Your heart?”
21. What five plants/trees are you thankful for?
22. Spend some time thinking about all the things you take too seriously about yourself. What do you need to relax about and learn to laugh at yourself about?
23. Ask God: “Do You have a word or image You want to share with me? What does it mean?”
24. What five singers/bands are you thankful for?
25. Compliment a stranger sometime in the next couple days. (Make sure it’s a genuine compliment.)
26. Ask God: Do I sabotage relationships in any way? What do You want me to do about it?
27. Do something today (or very soon) to make your day a little easier, even if it’s just using paper plates instead of real ones or ordering pizza or skipping a load of laundry or buying that gadget that will help you do things quicker or whatever.
28. What are five things about your country you are thankful for?
29. Ephesians 4:29: “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
Ask God: “What do You want to tell me about this verse?”
30. Pull out some old pictures or movies or music or memories, and reminisce for a little while on the good things that have happened and the things you used to love. Or just make a list of all your favorite things from the past. Be young again for a little while.
31. What are five unexpected blessings in your life that you are thankful for?
What makes you feel young again? Have you learned to “not take yourself so seriously” in any area or way? What do you do to make your life or your day a little easier? How might we sabotage relationships, with others, with God, or even with ourselves? Any other thing you want to share?