1. Spend some time (however long you choose) praying that He shows you any passage from Scripture that He wants you to pay closer attention to. Spend time learning to listen for the Spirit’s leading in this and searching the Word for any verses that are meant specifically for you.
1. Do I really desire to be humbled? If so, why? If not, why not?
4. What are my current priorities or focuses, and how might they be affected?
5. What will it mean for my relationship with the Lord?
6. What will it mean for my relationship with others?
7. What in my life and heart may get in the way of being humbled? (Confess these to God and ask His help to lay them down at His feet and to work past them.)
8. Does Satan have any strongholds in my life right now? How might these be hurting me and my relationship with others, myself, and God? (Pray and ask God what He wants you to do about it.)
Find whatever verses you can on humility or brokenness. Compile them in your journal and jot down any insights, as the Spirit leads, while you reflect on them. Below are some chapters that contain references to humility. There are more to find on your own, if you are interested. And share them with your partner, if you have one. (I am not writing out the verses here because I think it is so much more worthwhile to get out your Bible and dig deep into the whole chapter.).
Look back over all you wrote and turn it into prayers to God: prayers of confession if need be, petitions, thanksgiving, requests for strength and wisdom, etc. Always put your thoughts into prayers. Our thoughts are for us, but our prayers are for God.
Dear Heavenly Father,